Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Determination

I'm back!!!

It's been a long 2 weeks. But exams are over and done with.

It's been nothing but sheer hard work for 2 whole weeks. With no distractions. Nothing but a total focus on the end result.

As I walked to my car one day after class I was struck by a thought. On how fierce I had a desire for this. I had a burning, consuming desire to get it over and done with. To achieve something else under my belt. To collect another accolade. It had been so long..

I had such fierce determination... I was gonna do it or die trying. It was an eye-opener. on how far I would go to get something I really wanted. I only wondered if I found the fire a little too late...

But it was all good. I have good news. I am now a holder of a postgrad degree. =)

3 hours sleep every night for a whole week. I survived. I did it. I was quite honestly THAT close to giving it up and walking away. It got to me. It did. I had never felt so underprepared. I felt the pressure and the stress that was unbelievable. Wasn't so much as expectation of others. But it was what I expected of myself. I am always tough on myself. I expect nothing less than to do my very best.

I told myself I was not a quitter. I had a dream. A great desire to succeed. By virtue of sheer willpower and determination, i actually pulled through.



So I say to all of you. Never underestimate what you can do. Search deep in your soul and look for that fire, that all-consuming desire and passion when you want something and then go for it. You'll be surprised at what you can achieve..;p

No comments: