Sunday, March 14, 2010

Almost perfect


The world seems perfect. Sunny, blue skies, warmth and everything ideal. But one thing was missing.

The hand that fits perfectly into mine.
The arms that catch me and hold me when I fall.
The eyes that mirror my soul.
The heart that can accept me for who I am.
The one who can complete my sentences.

So easy to focus on climbing up the ladder.
So easy to be on the highest penthouse in the world.

And yet, you would stare out into the dark night surrounded by the beauty of the world and understand how alone you are.

How to return to being the person before?
How does one become this way?
How do we become so incapable of showing vulnerability?
How do we become so adamant to push people away?

The hardest battles to fight are the ones of the heart.

No comments: