Friday, July 02, 2010

Fear is Paralysing

Do I make the leap?
How do I know when the time is right?
Am I ready?

People put themselves out there on the dating scene.
I have been hiding in fear. For years.
People assume I have a bf or that I am engaged or married.
I can't even tell you the amount of time ppl have asked me those questions.

I wanna go out there again.
I wanna be able to love again.
I wanna feel secure and loved beyond doubt.

I didn't know what I want years ago.
Now I know.
Except that I can't bring myself to step out.
Step out of my comfort zone.

I am so very afraid to feel the hurt and rejection and disappointment again.
I fear never recovering again.
So I hide. I hide behind a wall of distance.

And I am so scared to make that first move.
So terrified.
It scares me more than making an incision for surgery.

I feel it is time to bite the bullet.
I know I'm ready in my heart for a proper relationship.
I know I'm ready and fully committed now.
The question is... how do I overcome this utter fear of taking the first step of dating?

No comments: