Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Positivity


I've been pretty negative about a lot of things in my life. I worry. I fret. I frown. I get easily angered and annoyed. People who know me will nod in agreement that majority of the time I am a pessimist. Mainly because of different experiences I had gone through that had shaped mistrust in a lot of situations.

But change is about to happen. Positive thinking.

The greatest challenge to positive thinking is that it is naturally harder.

Ask anyone. It's easier to go down the route of negative thinking.

But I have learnt that the vibe you send out attracts similar vibes to you. If you're positive, the experience you have is positive and the ppl and things you attract will be positive. And vice versa.

Positive thinking begets change. It brings on confidence and success. It fills you with hope and strength and all the positive things life can offer.

I made the choice yesterday to start my day with a positive thought. One step at a time. One thing a day. One thing to be grateful for. One thing to be happy about.

And I found that I had more than one. I had blessings. In abundance. Things we take for granted until we open our eyes to them.

All of a sudden, my entire outlook of life is different. I felt happier. i felt more content.

It remains to be seen how long I can be positive for. But I will try.
One day at a time. One positive thought at a time.

No comments: