Sunday, July 11, 2010

Winter Walk


I walk in the blistering cold with my black coat pulled tightly around me. The icy cold blast of the morning at 5am chilled me to the bone. With hands pushed deep into my pockets and my iPod playing, I smile. The crunch of snow below my boots. The early morning air was crisp and the silence of the world was tangible as I walked past houses where people were still in bed. The world was asleep and everything else was mine.

I breathed deeply and lost myself into the music surrounding my world and the surreal quietness surrounding me. Clean, white snow. Even the trees and bushes had dustings of snowlike little diamond jewels adorning their branches. Everything pristine. Everything calm. Everything fresh and new. Its pure beauty - breathtaking.

I walk briskly towards my destination as the skyline gradually lightens and the sun begins to rise to greet me. The world was beginning to stir. Soon, it would be hustling and bustling with activity and the world will be swept up again in the material world.

It is only in silence that other thoughts apart from work get a chance to be heard. My thoughts swirl to you and I feel warm inside despite the frosty wind. As I walk and push through the doors of work, I grin as I prepare to tackle the day. Any day is worth tackling with you in it... Any battle I can fight and conquer... You sustain me.

Note: The above is entirely fictional.

No comments: